1. The zoo. Whether it’s your first, second or tenth visit, a trip to the zoo never gets old. Make sure you stop to see Edinburgh zoo’s most famous residents - the Giant Pandas.
2. Family meal. Let someone else do the cooking for a change! There are plenty of child friendly pubs, restaurants and cafés in Edinburgh, some with activities and soft play areas to keep the little ones entertained. Do check the venue website before booking to ensure it is kid friendly.
3. City tour. One of the best ways to see the city is on an organised tour. Capital Cars operates a tour service perfect for families. Take a look at our Edinburgh Tours page to see our suggested routes or get in touch to discuss what you and your family would like to see on your tailored tour.
4. Museums. Edinburgh is home to many fantastic museums, including the Museum of Childhood, the National Museum and the Museum of Edinburgh. With lots of opportunities for learning and interacting, an outing to a museum is a firm family favourite.
5. City farm. A visit to the farm in Gorgie is a great adventure for the whole family. Here you will meet many farm animals, including goats, pigs, and sheep.
6. Historic tour. Edinburgh is steeped in history, from the castle that overlooks the city to the secret streets that weave underground. If you are looking for an enjoyable and educational activity for the family, explore the city’s ancient treasures.
7. Indoor play centre. Younger children will love to spend a morning or afternoon at an indoor play centre where they can run, bounce, tumble and slide to their hearts’ content. Release your inner child and join in!
8. Crafty classes. If your kids love arts and crafts, why not check out which organised family friendly classes are available in your local area?
9. Botanic Garden. A visit to the beautiful Botanic Garden in Edinburgh makes a wonderful day out. After exploring the beautiful trees and plants, stop off at the café, where there’s plenty to keep the kids entertained, and visit the gift shop.
10. Climbing. If you have a monkey or two in your family, they will definitely appreciate a visit to one of the several climbing centres in and around the city.
We hope you and your family have a great time making your way through this list!
*T’s & C’s Apply see http://www.capitalcarsscotland.co.uk/discount/ for details.